Most, if not all, of us use Facebook. Let's face it: it won't be going the way of Myspace anytime soon either so that means we will continue to deal with those people. You know the ones. They drive you nuts daily or make you roll your eyes in a mixture of embarrassment or horror... depending on the offense. So why don't we go over some things you know we are ALL thinking, shall we?
1. Don't post where you actually are. This means you are definitely NOT at home which tells people it's okay to rob you. Or better yet, don't post you are at home... alone! Really? Do we have to get into all the problems that THAT can cause you? Honestly, where do these people leave their common sense?
2. Don't post things that will come back to bite you in the rear. If you are going through a divorce, I highly suggest not posting crap about your current boyfriend or lover that you got CAUGHT with. It's not that helpful in the court room, I promise! If you are having custodial issues, then please, use some sense and don't post about the drinking, partying or stripping you may have done at your house or at the latest bar you went to. None of us want to know, really, we don't. The judge might find it interesting though... just not in your favor.
3. Please, on the comment section, don't ask if someone is mad at you. Really. Not only does that make you stalker quality, it makes you look like a really bad stalker. ( Are you mad at me? No, why? You haven't texted me in four days. OMG, are you serious? )
4. Do you not know how to type correctly? I can understand being on a cell and
hurriedly typing out something. I can. But people, we can tell if you are on a
phone or not- HELLO, it shows the mobile sign under your comment! If you are
NOT on a cell, please type correctly. If not, it just reinforces your inability
to spell and makes us question your parentage.
5. Don't post
things that you can't handle. You know what I'm talking about. Someone posts a
funny picture or something racy and then gets upset if a person comments
negatively about it. If you cannot handle the negative remarks, don't post it!
Pretty simple, really.
6. If you start a new group or page, know how to post thelink of it BEFORE you tell everyone. Copy & Paste is not that hard to do. Really, if you can make a new group, you can definitely copy the link and post it on your wall. Don't type out the name because, most of the time, other people will not be able to find it in the search engine. Not only does it make you look bad, it makes the people looking for it aggravated and then they decide it's not worth it. This makes you lose customers, readers pretty quickly!
Now, we all do at least one of these things
sometimes. Don't forget the first stone and all that. This is for all the people
who do this... ALL. THE. TIME. The ones that, even if we point it out in a general outlook, they don't get it. And if you say in terms that they understand? Your uppity. Your annoying. All because we just want a little common sense on our pages. Go figure.